Thursday 7 June 2012

A change is gonna come.....



A big change is happening soon in  my life. Since the age of 18 I have worked for The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (Now Direct Line Group)
I have had both of my maternity leaves there and went back to work 7 months after having both my boys. I have so many good memories of my life there and have made a few life long friends.

Alas everything changes and by September me and my city job will be no more.

My oldest boy Asa is starting school this year, a huge milestone in his and our lives. As a working mother this new finish time of 3pm put a "oh what do we do now?" spanner in the works

I have decided that I need, no actually must, change the way I run my life. My job is very full on and takes so much of my energy on the days I work. I work in a job share, so K work together to run our team. I work very late, sometimes not getting home till 11pm at night which as you can imagine getting up with my boys at 6am is some what draining to put it lightly.

It all came to a head a couple of months ago, I come home at 10:30pm, march straight upstairs where my husband is naked in a very bubbly bath and tell him that I can no longer cope working and running the house, being a mum to our boys, doing the food planning then shopping, cleaning, cooking etc etc etc. Tears running down my face he said to me "ok babe, we'll make it work"

So we'll have less money yes, but I will be happier and able to run my little business in a more dedicated way. Asa will be at school and Jasper will be at pre-school for 15 hours a week. Childcare will go down to £0 and I will have some time alone. ALONE for the first time in 4 and a half years!

I now hope I can do one job really well rather than many badly. Fingers and toes crossed I can

Take care, Natalie xx


6 comments:

  1. Big hugs to you - I know how daunting that change can be - but I'm sure....sure.... that all will be OK.

    To new starts and wishing you a lovely weekend,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nina,
      I do hope so, being there everyday at the school gate is what is most important to me. I just can't believe they grow so fast xx Natalie

      Delete
  2. Hello! Lovely to find your gorgeous pics on Instagram and your blog too. I did the same thing after E was born and I'm sure you will absolutely love the changes you are about to make. We have less money, but more fun, less 'holiday' but more time together - leaving my job was the best thing I ever did. The cake business sounds great and I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I do love to see your beautiful children with their curly hair too. Thank you so much for your kind words, seeing that other mothers have taken to plung too helps. You are right, just the everyday together will be bliss. I was reading you blog other other day, you run an ethicle cleaning company right? xx Natalie

      Delete
  3. I don't know how you've managed to be honest. I've been at home with my boys for 11 years now and am in awe of working Mums. I know I couldn't have managed all those things you have been juggling. I think it's a brave choice to give up money for time too. I'm with Nina, here's to new starts Natalie.

    Hope you enjoyed the bistro last night!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, Read your woodland wet walk blog the other day, your photos were AMAZING especially the stream one. Life is just beyond manic at the moment, I hope this change will mean I can be a better wife too, who knows! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...