Wednesday 7 August 2013

Malteser cake



I have collected many recipes for chocolate cakes over the years, they always go down well with my boys. Here, my latest version is adapted from a cupcake recipe in The Hummingbird Cake days book

150g melted butter
75ml milk
75ml buttermilk or plain yogurt
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
240g self raising
25g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
330g caster sugar
150ml warm water
 
1. Put all ingredients into your bowl and mix until smooth
2. Divide mixture into two 8 inch lined cake tins
3. Bake at 180c for 25-30 mins, check the cake is cooked through by inserting a cocktail stick, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked
4. Cool
 
Topping
 
200g Milk or dark chocolate, whatever you prefer
240ml elmlea double cream, I use this when baking as it lasts much longer than ordinary cream
200g Horlicks
50g full-fat cream cheese (Philadelphia)
35g caster sugar
Maltesers to decorate.
 
1. Put all ingredients into bowl and mix until smooth
2. place one cake onto your cake plate and smooth a little of the topping on top, place the next cake on top. Smooth the rest of the topping all over the cake and then decorate with maltesers
 
The other great thing about this recipe is that children can help too as it is an all in one method. My boys made this cake all themselves, all I did was smooth the topping down.
 
Natalie  
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Can you pop a piece in the post for me please?! Looks so delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to but I think the postman might have it before it gets to you! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...